Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
For different applications we offer different types of edges:
- Cut edges are suitable for routine applications, when risks of infections do not exist and the economical aspect is of major importance
- Finely ground edges with 90º shape. We apply water-cooled grinding processes which results in remarkably smooth and burr-free edges. When handling infectious materials we strongly recommend using this type of slides for increased safety.
- Finely ground edges with 90º shape and 4 ground corners chamfered at 45°. These slides improve the safety and reduce the risks of cuts. Some types of automatic machinery and printers require the clipped corners.
All our microscope slides are subject to strict quality controls during the production processes and on the finished product, too.
Soda lime glass is subject to an aging process which affects the quality of the slides. It is recommended to avoid storing the slides for too long and to use the oldest stocks at first. Your early disposition of slides helps us to optimize our production planning and to supply the slides in time. Use up the microscope slides until the recommended best-before date. Use the oldest stock at first (first in – first out).
- store microscope slides always in a dry place
- open the carton only when slides reached the room temperature
- make sure that temperature remains constant. When cooling down condensation may occur and penetrate between the slides letting them stick together.
- do not store slides close to solvents as this might turn their surfaces hydrophobic
A detailed instruction manual for slides can be downloaded here: Instruction manual for microscope slides
Our packing material is made from high quality primary material without recycled paper and without plastic coating. As a result, our boxes are resistant to abrasion and do not affect the quality of the microscope slides. After use, they can be disposed as waste paper. Our folded boxes have an enlarged finger hole and the lid can be folded to the rear side which facilitates taking individual slides.
We supply microscope slides in small sales units of 2500 pieces (50 boxes of 50 pieces). This carton is reclosable, easy to handle and stack. Its dimensions are 283 x 146 x 160 mm and the weight is approx. 12 kg.
A pallet can accommodate up to 200’000 slides (80 cartons each 2500 pieces). Its dimensions are 120 x 80 x 93 cm and the gross weight is approx. 1000 kg.
Besides our standard packing we offer the following special packing types:
- tropical packing: Slides individually paper interleaved.In addition, 50 boxes of 50 slides are packed in a sealed and watertight aluminium bag.
- aluminium bag: 50 boxes of 50 pieces are packed in a sealed and watertight aluminium bag
- plastic boxes of 100 pieces: Our HistoBond® product line is supplied in these boxes with detachable cover