Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
D 263® M Cover glass for microscopy
D 263® M is a clear borosilicate glass that is produced by a draw-down method. This permits the production of very thin glass thicknesses between 0.10 and 0.21 mm.
D 263® M is used as a cover glass for microscopic analyses and complies to all requirements of ISO 8255-1. Its low autofluorescence and high chemical resistance are preconditions for reliable research results.
Due to the protective coating and outstanding quality of material it is easily separable and, therefore, well-suited for automated cover slipping equipment.
- high spectral transmission
- refractive index optimized for microscopes
- virtually colorless appearance
- low autofluorescence
- excellent optical and cosmetic quality
- good chemical resistance to environmental conditions facilitates long durability in archiving samples
- low flatmess deviations
- complies precisely with the set thickness tolerances
- low alkali content enables cell growth
- good wettability on both glass surfaces
- protective coating facilitates automated separation of individual cover glasses in coverslippers
Technical data (Source: Schott AG)
|Light transmission ƬvD65 (d = 0.15 mm)||91,7 %|
|Coefficient of mean linear thermal expansion α (20 °C; 300 °C) (static measurement)||7,2 · 10-6 K-1|
|Transformation temperature Tg||557 °C|
|Dielectric constant εr at 1 MHz||6,7|
|Refractive index nD||1,5230|
|Refractive index ne||1,5255|
|Abbe value ve||55|
|Density ρ (annealed at 40 °C/h)||2,51 g/cm3|