Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
HistoBond® adhesive slides for capillary gap stainers
These adhesively coated HistoBond® slides for immunohistochemistry are used with staining equipment for capillary gap slides (e.g. Techmate®). The slides are equipped with an 80 μm high spacer stripe and a raised frosted end.
Thus a pair of slides being put together face to face with their printed surfaces forms a capillary gap of approximately 160 µm. The spacer bar and the slide’s edge opposite to the frosted end form an adhesively treated area of approximately 25 x 25 mm. Tissue section anchor firmly to these HistoBond® surfaces and endure harsh procedures such as an immunohistochemistry.
The stainer dips the pairs of slides into the reagents and by capillary force the gap between each pair of slides fills up to the spacer stripes. After incubation with one reagent, the capillary gaps are emptied releasing their contents into absorbent pads. These steps are repeated until the slides tissue sections have been fully exposed to all required reagents.
By limiting the active area to 25 x 25 mm² the volumes and thus reducing the amount of reagents applied the cost are reduced to about half the cost of conventional capillary slides that fill up to their frosted ends. In particular savings on expensive antibodies are significant when using the HistoBond® gap slides.
- made of soda lime glass of third hydrolytic class
- in compliance with DIN ISO 8037/1
- dimensions: approx. 76x25 mm
- thickness: approx. 1 mm (tol. ± 0.05 mm)
- with cut edges
- with 80 µm high spacer stripe
- with white marking area of approx. 20 mm on one side
- suitable for marking with permanent markers (e.g. laboratory marker Cat. No. 6130603)
- pre-cleaned and ready for use
- in boxes of 50 pieces, 50 boxes in a carton
- for in-vitro-diagnostic (IVD) applications according to IVD directive 98/79/EC, with CE-mark, recommended best before date and batch number for comprehensive information and traceability
|0890004||Capillary gap slide, active area 25 x 25 mm²,
gap between 2 slides oriented face to face
approx. 160 µm